Company | News | Events | Sitemap | Imprint | Contact
Since 1998, Gerhard Bonnet and his team at SPHERON-VR AG revolutionized the market of digital imaging. We have been the pioneers to make digital full spherical image capturing possible and contributed to the implementation of High Dynamic Range imaging (HDRi) in it's real sense.
Milestones of innovations
- 1998: It all begins with the idea of a digital panoramic camera. The first prototype is presented at the Photokina, Cologne, Germany and earns enthusiastic responses. So the decision going professional is made and the initial PanoCam is released soon later on.
- 1999: Just one year later, the full spherical SpheroCam (180°x360°) with a resolution of up to 50 Megapixel is launched.
- 2000: Establishing SPHERON-VR AG in Kaiserslautern, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany paves the way for further innovations and allows organising modern in-house production facilities and professional customer services.
- 2000: SPHERON-VR AG is presenting a world novelty - the SpheroCam HDR: It is a 32-bit camera, which captures a full spherical image with up to 26-f stops dynamic range in one single scan. The ‘Made in Germany’ product is considered to be a pioneer in High Dynamic Range imaging technology.
- 2002: First success within the film industry, followed by numerous sales to significant Hollywood productions.
- 2003: Enhancement of the solution portfolio with immersive 3D-Measurement: SpheroCam HDR in combination with individually calibrated lens and tripod plus newly developed SpheronViewer- Software.
- 2004-2006: Numerous innovations for the computer graphic market: The concept of Reality-Based Visualization is fully proofed by integration of sampling devices for light, material and geometry with dedicated plug-in’s for Ray-Tracers.
- 2007 : Launch of the SceneWorks Solution, a combination of full spherical photography and a database driven content management system allows for visual crime scene documentation.
- 2008 : Release of the first software update for SceneWorks, the SceneCenter Forensic v1.1 with numerous new functionalities and full support for Microsoft Windows Vista™.
- 2009 : Developed the first functional prototype of HDRv ( High Dynamic Range Video ) Also updates to SceneWorks SceneCenter.
- 2010 : Launch of the new ScanLight device. Released new version of the SceneWorks SceneCenter Software - version 1.3.
- 2011 : Developed new version of the SceneWorks SceneCenter Software - version 1.4.